2.12.2009

FRESH PEACH PIE

There is nothing like a fresh peach pie. Here is a very simple recipe.
Frozen peaches are fine, you just may need to sprinkle sugar over them .Tastes great with a few fresh berries arranged on top with the peaches.



Ingredients Yield: 1 9 inch Pie

1 9-inch pie shell, baked (Try out the EASY pie crust recipe on this blog)http://tastethisliz.blogspot.com/2008/11/easy-pie-crust.html
1 1/4 cup White Sugar
1/4 cup Water
4 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Butter
2 cups Mashed Peaches (I puréed mine in the blender)
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Cups Peaches, nicely sliced

Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, butter, and mashed peaches in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it is a clear and thick glaze. Fill pieshell with 1/2 the glaze and any bad looking peaches. Then pour in the rest of the glaze, and nicely arrange the best looking peaches on top. Chill until firm.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Awe man! I totally wish I could make this it sounds so good. My glucose would go cray and I would be up for days with tingling toes. I love peaches!

Anonymous said...

Peach anything is absolutely delicious! Do you have a knockout recipe for peach jam?