11.10.2008

LEMON CAKE

A DIFFERENT, EASY, and FUN cake!

I found this recipe in an email sent to me by an aunt and could not pass it up. Since I would never think of this, I am so glad I came across it.

From the kitchen of Darlene Regan http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/rec0249.html

CAKE

1 1/2 cups Apricot nectar
4 eggs
1 cup of Wesson oil (you can use other brands of canola or vegetable oil here)
1 box of Lemon Supreme cake mix

ICING
1 Lemon (I'm sure lemon juice will be just fine)
Confectioner Sugar


Add Apricot Nectar, Eggs and Wesson Oil to the box of cake mix. Beat on high until well mixed. Pour into a bunt cake pan and bake at 350○ F for 45 minutes.

Icing: Squeeze lemon juice into a bowl and then add the confectioner's sugar to it until you get it mixed well enough to pour on the cake. Don't make it too thick. Mix it where you can pour it from a spoon around the cake so it will run over the sides. (Go ahead and add water or milk if it is too thick -- or overly lemony; but that is pretty hard to do.)

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/rec0249.html

No comments: