1.25.2009

LIZ'S OVERLY EASY POTATO CASSEROUL

I usually would not resort to canned cheese, but the other day I had no choice. I was SURPRISED by the results I got. This casseroul is OVERLY EASY, and it tastes GOOD!!! Plus, it hides your veggies in creamy, cheesey goodness. It freezes well, and it can be made ahead and baked later.

Ingredients Yield: 4-6 servings

4 Large Baker Potatoes, sliced THIN lengthwise (Use a mandolin or slicer if you have one)
1 Bottle Pre-made Alfredo Sauce
1 Can Cheddar Cheese Sauce, if not available, just use Alfredo (Make sure is is just CHEDDAR and not flavored with Mexican spices)
1 Package Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 Onion, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 375○ (You can use 400○ if your oven does not run too hot, taters get a little tricky sometimes.) Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Separate the potato slices and place in the baking pan. Add the vegetables, onions, and cheese sauce(s). Place in oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. The top should be slightly browned.

1 comment:

Sue said...

YES! I definitely need vegis disguised in cheesy sauce. My kind of recipe!