8.29.2008

LIZ'S 1 MINUTE MICROWAVE HOT FUDGE

A single-serving of homemade hot fudge sauce in 1 minute!

I figured this out because I love hot fudge, but I just don't want to make a pot of it when I am having a bowl of ice cream at the end of a long day. I just guesstimate according to how much I need, so there are not exact amounts. No need to fear, sauces leave a lot of leeway. I can make up to 6 servings in one shot.


Put a few slices of chocolate, a little milk or water, a few slivers of butter, and if desired a dab of kyro syrup in a microwaveable mug or bowl. I sometimes slowly stir in some powdered sugar in with the liquid and form a glaze before adding the other ingredients if I am using a more bitter chocolate.

Then pop the mug or bowl into the microwave for 45 seconds, give it all a stir when it comes out. If you need more microwaving time, do it in only 20 second increments.

Add more liquid if needed; if you put in too much liquid, add more chocolate. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister I am going to make this tonight! Can use hersesy's chocolate even though it sucks

Liz T. said...

Any chocolate you have is fine. While Hershey's is not a higher-end brand, it will still do the job to make hot fudge on the fly. After all, it is America's favorite chocolate!

Sue said...

I have been looking for this recipe! Yay!!! I am so glad you are a chef and foodie.